Who’s Hot: Which Programs are Winning the Portal?
The portal giveth and taketh away. Here are the hot teams in the transfer portal right now.
- Nebraska — Ochaun Mathis is a major addition and a huge win for Scott Frost over Texas and others. But Texas Tech defensive tackle Devin Drew has been overlooked and could be an even more important piece.
- Oregon — The additions of running back Mar’Keise Irving from Minnesota and defensive tackle Casey Rogers from Nebraska give the Ducks some momentum and they are in it for ASU WR Ricky Pearsall and a dark horse for Jordan Addison.
- Tennessee — It was a very successful few days for the Vols in the portal, with the additions of USC wide receiver Bru McCoy, Ohio State defensive back Andre Turrentine and East Tennessee State defensive end Austin Lewis. McCoy gets all the attention because of his former 5 star ranking but Turrentine will play immediately and Lewis could be the best of the trio.
- SMU — Last weekend the Mustangs pulled in a trio of defensive additions who should all be important contributors this fall. The Texas duo of defensive lineman David Abiara and defensive back Chris Adimore were first, but then quickly followed by Oklahoma State linebacker Kamryn Farrar. And to finish off the weekend the Mustangs added another Longhorn with the commitment of wide receiver Kelvontay Dixon.
- Miami — The ‘Canes very successfully added talent and depth to their defensive unit recently with the additions of defensive linemen Darrell Jackson Jr. from Maryland and Akheem Mesidor from West Virginia, as well as linebacker Caleb Johnson from UCLA. Mario Cristobal is using the portal very well.
View all comments
Be the First To Know
TPR SCOUT - COACHES PORTAL3 weeks ago
TPR Scout – Coaches Portal
TPR SCOUT4 weeks ago
Protected: TPR SCOUT
Basketball Transfers4 weeks ago
The Portal Report Announces Partnership with JAL Hoops
FB Transfer Rankings2 months ago
Farrell: Ranking the ACC’s Best Portal Classes
Farrell's Favorites2 months ago