QBs are going fast in the transfer portal but there is still talent out there. Here are the top five available.
- Jack Sears, Boise State — Sears completed 20 of 28 passes for 235 yards and two touchdowns during the one game he played with USC. After transferring to Boise State, he completed 25 of 33 passes for 380 yards, three touchdowns and one interception. While he has only attempted 61 passes during his collegiate career, he has completed 73.8% of his attempts. Sears has been in the portal for more than five months now and has successfully remained quiet about his future. While he only has 61 pass attempts in his collegiate career, his performance during this time should have made him a priority for several programs.
- Peter Costelli, Utah — Costelli entered the portal during his true freshman season at Utah, and before every seeing the field in Salt Lake City. As with Sears, it is odd that Costelli is still in the portal as he had upwards of 20 offers when he committed to the Utes in the spring of 2020. There have been a couple of schools associated with him over the last few months, but nothing has materialized to this point. Virginia Tech was rumored at one point, while now Troy is one to watch.
- Maverick McIvor, Texas Tech — Mcivor suffered a foot injury during a scrimmage prior to his freshman season with the Red Raiders which required surgery. Upon his healthy return he was never able to make his way up the depth chart and never saw the field in Lubbock. Mcivor was highly regarded coming out of high school, but his lack of on-field experience in recent seasons has slowed his recruiting process since he entered the portal. However, a few of the schools to keep an eye on include UTEP, New Mexico and Troy, plus FCS schools like Northwestern State, Western Illinois, Tennessee Tech and Austin Peay.
- Justin Rogers, UNLV — Rogers spent this first two seasons with TCU before transferring to UNLV in 2020, when he played in three games with the Rebels. He began the 2021 season as the starter and played in six games while throwing for 475 yards and three touchdowns. Interest has been consistent for Rogers, but he continues to take his time with his process. Some of the schools that remain in contention include Troy, Georgia State, McNeese State, Sam Houston, Idaho, Akron and Northern Iowa.
- Colton Fitzgerald, Boise State — Fitzgerald was a Class of 2021 signee at Boise State who did not see the field during his true freshman season. Fitzgerald has picked up FCS offers from Southeastern Louisiana, Western Illinois and Illinois State since entering the portal. Some of the other schools showing interest at this time include New Mexico, Troy, Temple, FAU, Eastern Michigan, Tennessee Tech, Idaho, Missouri State, Tennessee-Martin, Towson, Austin Peay and Texas A&M-Commerce.