College basketball has provided the stress, shock, and thrill of March, all within the first three days of the season. Loads of talented transfers have already made their mark. The ten listed were slept on before the season, but after great first games have started to open the eyes of CBB fans around the nation.
T.J. Bickerstaff JMU F
- Led the Dukes to the shocker of opening night, taking down MSU on the road 79-76.
- BC transfer Bickerstaff exploded for 21 and 14 boards in his first game with JMU.
Mason Forbes Saint Mary’s F
- Harvard transfer started just ten games last season.
- Tallied 19 on 80% shooting in SMC’s opening night walloping of Stanislaus St, 107-28.
Kevin Easley Jr. Coastal Carolina F
- After missing a majority of last season with off-court/injury issues, Easley Jr. bounced back in a big way in the Chants season opener.
- The transfer big man went for 20 and nine rebounds in an 88-86 win.
Hassan Drame Duquesne F
- 6-7 senior transferred to Duquesne after three years with St. Peter’s and last season at La Salle.
- Had a great opening night for the Dukes with 11 and four off the bench.
Frankie Policelli College of Charleston F
- Tallied 15 and eight in the Cougars opening night win.
- Stony Brook transfer started all 33 games for the Seawolves last season.
Julian Roper II Notre Dame G
- Northwestern transfer received limited chances off the bench last year.
- Put up a solid nine points and four boards for the Irish opening night and will only continue to heat up from three-point range.
Bryce Johnson UMBC G
- In a heartbreaking 94-93 loss at Louisville, Chicago State transfer Bryce Johnson showed out.
- Johnson dropped 21 points in his debut with the Retrievers after averaging just under ten ppg last season.
Hunter Jack Madden Abilene Christian G
- After starting his career at Idaho, the Sydney native has played the last two seasons with ACU.
- The senior transfer dropped 14 in a huge road upset over a power five team at Oklahoma State.
Kolby King Tulane G
- Decided to transfer from Saint John’s amidst Pitino’s complete roster overhaul.
- Uncorked for 22 points in the Green Wave’s opening night win over Nicholls.
Jamarii Thomas Norfolk State G
- UNCW transfer went off for 20 points in just 20 minutes of play in a 102-55 opening night win.
- Greensboro native added seven boards and four dimes to an impressive Spartans debut.