After a thrilling first week of college hoops that was capped with what felt like a March Madness game between Arizona and Duke, more incredible basketball is on the horizon this week. The Champions Classic and Gavitt Tipoff Games headline an awesome slate for week two. But first, TPR looks at the top ten transfer stars’ average FPTS according to TPR’s fantasy point system.
Demarcus Sharp Austin Peay: 51.6 FPTS
- Following transfer from Northwestern State, Sharp has gotten off to an incredible start for the Governors.
- The 6-3 senior is averaging 16.5/11.5/4.5 two games into the season.
Chris Ledlum Saint John’s: 44.8 FPTS
- The top transfer for Rick Pitino’s revamped Johnnie’s roster, Ledlum exploded in his first game with SJU.
- The Harvard transfer went for 16 points, 14 boards, and four assists in a win over Stony Brook.
Josh Cohen UMass: 43.6 FPTS
- Saint Francis (PA) transfer averaged 21.8 for the Red Flash last year.
- The 6-10 forward dropped 22 and eight boards in an opening night win while going 2-2 from three-point land.
DaJuan Gordon UT Arlington: 43.5 FPTS
- Three-time transfer started his career with KSU, Mizzou, NMSU and now the Mavericks.
- Averaging 19 and 12.5 boards to start his final season.
Allen Flanigan Ole Miss: 43.2 FPTS
- Flanigan, an intra-conference transfer headed to Ole Miss after four solid seasons under Bruce Pearl.
- The senior guard is averaging 22 a game for the Rebs who are off to a 2-0 start.
Jaylon Tyson Cal: 42.7 FPTS
- The top transfer scorer in the PAC-12, Tyson dropped 20 and 11 in a tough opening night loss vs Pacific.
- Texas Tech transfer started all 31 games for the Red Raiders last season.
Joe French Arkansas Pine Bluff: 41.8 FPTS
- Bethune-Cookman transfer is averaging 22 per contest through three games.
- Exploded for 30 in an opening night matchup against Mizzou.
Grant Nelson Alabama: 41.8 FPTS
- 6-11 forward poured in 24 in an opening night win over Morehead State.
- NDSU transfer is scoring 22 ppg for the Crimson Tide through one week.
Hunter Dickinson Kansas: 41.4 FPTS
- Probably the most highly touted transfer, Dickinson is off to an excellent start with the Jayhawks.
- The former Wolverine is averaging 19.5/8/3.5 through two starts with his new team.
Tylor Perry Kansas State: 40.8 FPTS
- North Texas transfer is showing out to start his Wildcats career.
- The senior guard went for 22/6/6 in an incredible opening night matchup with USC.