Who are the true influencers in the transfer portal this cycle? The Justin Fields types who could change the course of the upcoming season? I have six.
- WR Jordan Addison, USC — USC is coming off a 4-8 season. That’s not a threat to anyone right? With Addison and my No. 2 player below, this USC offense could be an issue for everyone in the Pac-12 and a playoff push is possible.
- QB Caleb Williams, USC — How can a QB be below a WR on the same team for potential impact. Because Williams will be 5x better with an elite target like Addison who will free up some talented depth.
- QB Quinn Ewers, Texas — Ewers is also on a bad team like Addison and Williams but if he’s as good as he can be with that arm, Texas could make a run at the Big 12. Don’t laugh.
- RB Jahmyr Gibbs, Alabama — Alabama doesn’t need a ton of help but they needed an elite running back and proven guy. Enter Gibbs who was arguably the best back no one paid attention to in the ACC.
- RB Zach Evans, Ole Miss — Evans is dynamic, Lane Kiffin is an offensive genius and the Rebels are the team that Alabama might fear the most in the SEC West.
- S Brandon Joseph, Notre Dame — Notre Dame isn’t likely to make a playoff push, but if they do, then Joseph’s ability to replace Kyle Hamilton will be key.