The top teams in the transfer portal don’t change that often as it’s been USC, Ole Miss and others mentioned the most. But what about quality? Here are five teams with few transfers but the quality is off the charts.
1. Alabama — This is an easy one. Bama has only five commitments but they are amazing ones. RB Jahmyr Gibbs was the best player on the Georgia Tech roster, WR Jermaine Burton was the best pure wide out on the national champion Georgia Bulldogs and CB Elias Ricks is a surefire first rounder from LSU. Add in Louisville speedster WR Tyler Harrell and Vanderbilt OL Tyler Steen and you have the best quality in the country.
2. Texas — With only seven commitments, Texas gets overlooked at times. And while the focus is on Ohio State QB Quinn Ewers as it should be, WR Isiah Neyor from Wyoming and DB Ryan Watts from Ohio State could be stars. If Alabama transfer TE Jaheel Billingsley and WR Agiye Hall can focus they could also be superstars in the Big 12.
3. Florida — I love this Gators transfer class. Sure, Billy Napier brought OT O’Cyrus Torrence and RB Montrell Johnson with him from Lousiana but who cares? Both have all-SEC potential. And CB Jalen Kimber, DL Tyrone Truesdell and WR Ricky Pearsall are all huge Power Five gets.
4. Auburn — Auburn has been under the radar a bit when it comes to the portal but some nice additions include CB DJ James and DL Jayson Jones both from Oregon and DB Craig McDonald from Iowa State. I may not be sold on the offensive moves like QB Zach Calzada and QB Robby Ashford but this defense just got better.
5. Washington — Many focus on the losses but the addition of Michael Penix Jr. from Indiana is seriously overlooked. And they have some serious sleepers in RB Aaron Dumas and WR Lonyatta Alexander as well as LB Cam Bright.